I want to prepare my environment for 5nine Cloud Security installation. What are the prerequisites to get this done?
- All networks/connections in the environment should be set up and be stable
- All servers, hosts and clusters (and all applicable systems) that are involved in the installation must be fully set up and be stable. Windows updates/patches should be done prior to the installation, if applicable. Ensure that there are no issues related to those updates.
- User(s) shall be created in AD (for domain environments) and meet system requirements: management service user should have administrative privileges on SQL server (sysadmin) if Windows authorization is used, host user should have local administrative privileges and “Logon as a service” privilege. If the same account is used for both management and host services, then it should have all required permissions for both services.
- Management server (in most cases – either dedicated or shared VM with other service like SCVMM management service) should be set and be accessible and have all required TCP ports opened (TCP ports 8183, 8534, 8789, 8790 and 8939).
- All hosts that are supposed to be protected by 5nine Cloud Security should have necessary ports opened as per System requirements (TCP ports 8533 and 8788).
- Hosts should be ready for reboot to install and set the 5nine filtering extension; host should also be properly set in the maintenance mode or paused (applicable to cluster nodes).
- SQL data source should be available, accessible and set up. If the TCP port is different than default one (1433) then the connection string must be specified in format: sql-server\instance, port.
- All Hyper-V virtual switches should be set on all hosts that are to be protected.
- If logical SCVMM switch(es) are used, a compliance plugin needs to be installed as a part of the product to ensure a compliant state on logical switches. If there are hosts that are not supposed to have 5nine Cloud Security installed, but are using the same logical switch with those that are, the idle driver will be installed onto those hosts for compliance. This driver does not affect hosts’ functioning, but is necessary to maintain a compliant state of the logical switch. An alternate way is to have separate logical switches for those hosts that are protected by 5nine and those that are not. This is driven by the customer’s approved networking/SCVMM structure and not by the 5nine Cloud Security Product.
- Software Prerequisite
- .NET Framework 4.5. or higher
- MS SQL Server
- MS PowerShell
- Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 x86 should be installed on Management Server, it can be downloaded by clicking on this link
- Hyper-V Module for PowerShell should be installed. It can be installed from GUI with Add Roles and Features Wizard (can be launched from Server Manager).The component path is as follows:
- Features -> Remote Server Administration Tools -> Role Administration Tools -> Hyper-V Management Tools -> Hyper-V Module for Windows PowerShell
- It can also be installed with following PowerShell command: Install-WindowsFeature -Name Hyper-V-PowerShell
5nine Cloud Security, Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager, SCVMM, .NET Framework 4.5, SQL Server,