I see my Antivirus (AV) scans and/or Active Protection (AP) installation failing on the 5nine Cloud Security product I have installed. What might be causing this, and how do I fix it?
If the AV scans and/or the AP installation are failing, this is most likely due to the failed AV updates on the Hyper-V hosts. Please perform the following steps for each of the 5nine Cloud Security products:
- 5nine Cloud Security with Kaspersky:
- Check 5nine.Antivirus.UpdateService state on the management server. 5nine Cloud Security with Kaspersky AV has the centralized mechanism to get the antivirus definitions. All the AV databases are collected on the management server, and then distributed to each Hyper-V host.
- In order for the AV updates to work properly, Internet access should be opened on the management server and connections should be allowed on the TCP local ports 8183 and 8939 through which the Hyper-V hosts will receive the AV definitions. See How can I ensure that my 5nine Cloud Security product is operating correctly?
- To view AV updates, from tabs select Setting->Antivirus->General
- 5nine Cloud Security with Bitdefender & 5nine Cloud Security with ThreatTrack:
- Verify that the hosts are able to access the internet directly or via a proxy dedicated for Antivirus Updates
Note: 5nine Cloud Security Management Service uses the same interface with the Antivirus (AV)Management Service of another 5nine product – 5nine Manager with AV. Even if the 5nine products are used to manage different Hyper-V hosts, they will still run into a conflict and the AV feature will not work if they are running on the same server. Therefore, placing of management services of different 5nine products on the same machine is not supported. When you install 5nine Cloud Security in your environment it is recommended to use 5nine Manager without AV feature instead of 5nine Manager with AV version on the hosts that are managed by 5nine Cloud Security. Installing the 5nine Cloud Security product this way will cover AV requirements while 5nine Manager without AV will perform management functions.
5nine Cloud Security, Hyper-V Host, Antivirus (AV), Active Protection (AP), TCP Ports, Scans
5nine Cloud Security, How can I ensure that 5nine Cloud Security is operating correctly?, How do I upgrade to the latest version of 5nine Cloud Security?, What are the prerequisites for 5nine Cloud Security installation?