For my 5nine Cloud Security product, I want to perform remote installation of the Host Management Service on the Hyper-V host(s) that are accessible in the network. How do I do that?
Remote installation option allows you to install the Host Management Service on multiple Hyper-V hosts simultaneously over the network.
1. To start Host Management Service remote installation, click the Remote install button in the 5nine Cloud Security Setup dialog box:
The remote installation wizard will open:
Specify the Management Server by entering either its fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or IP address into the Management Server path field. If you want to setup the 5nine Cloud Security Management Service as a highly available (HA) clustered service, please use the cluster role FQDN/IP (please refer to Configuration for HA section from the Guide in the Related Information below for more information).
2. Select the authentication method:
- Use default credentials: Select this option if you’re working in a non-mixed environment where a single domain and a single domain user are being used to run the application services on all the servers that will be included in the remote installation. This user must have sufficient privileges on the management server as well.
- Use custom credentials: Select this option in all other scenarios and enter the credentials that were already set up for the Management Server. Contact the owner of the Management Server or your system administrator for assistance with the customer credentials if necessary.
Please ensure that the Management Server is accessible by clicking Test connection.
Click Add to select the remote host(s) to the list for remote setup of the Host Management Service:
Enter the server(s) by typing their FQDN or IP addresses separated by commas. Then select the authentication method (contact your system administrator for assistance if necessary)
- Use the default credentials: The current user’s credentials will be used. Use this option if a single domain is used in the environment and the current user is granted all the necessary rights on the remote server(s)
- Use the custom credentials: Specify credentials for the remote host. Use this option if different credentials should be used on the remote host. If multiple hosts are being added, please alter the credentials for each host as applicable in the event you’re working in a mixed environment and/or different credentials are being used on the servers.
3. Click Select to search for the host(s) in the network:
Select Hyper-V Servers dialog box will be opened:
You may also add servers to the list one at a time by pressing the Add button and entering the server name manually in the dialog box:
You may also search and add the servers automatically by pressing the AD Discovery button, or search them by IP range/subnet mask which can be set in the window by pressing the IP Discovery button:
Click Ok and and you will see the selected hosts appear on the list:
Please note that the installation will not proceed further if the Service logon account is not properly set.
Right click each host to edit the installation and/or service logon accounts:
- Click Edit install credentials to specify/alter the credentials for the host management service installation onto the target host:
- Click Edit service credentials to specify/alter the credentials under which 5nine.VirtualFirewall.HostManagementService (display name 5nine Cloud Security Host Service) will be running on the target host:
Then specify/alter the credentials in the dialog box that will open:
Check credentials for all the added hosts:
Check Allow auto-reboot to let the target host to be rebooted automatically after installation. Leave it unchecked to reboot the host manually at a later time. The 5nine Cloud Security product will detect if the Virtual Firewall driver is already installed on the host and if it is up to date. If it is a fresh installation or if the driver reset is needed, then either an automatic or a manual reboot will be necessary; if you are not sure about the status of the Virtual Firewall driver and your ability to manually reboot, it is recommended that you check Allow auto-reboot option to let the 5nine Cloud Security product automate the reboot process. Click Next.
Review the remote setup summary and then click Finish to confirm the operation:
The Installation on remote servers dialog will open:
- Right click each server and then click Start button to evoke the remote installation on each server separately
- Click Start all button to evoke the remote installation on all servers simultaneously
At the end of the remote installation process, the results will be displayed for each of the remote hosts:
- Complete. Remote installation completed successfully.
- Failed. Remote installation failed. Additional information for the error(s) that occurred during the remote setup will be shown in the Description column.
Note: Upon completing the installation of the Host Management Service, please check that the following services are installed and running on the target host(s):
- 5nine.VirtualFirewall.HostManagementService (display name: 5nine Cloud Security Host Service)
- 5nine.Antivirus.Agent (display name: 5nine.Antivirus.Agent)
- 59CBTService (display name: 59CBTService)
5nine Cloud Security, Host Management Service, Remote Installation
5nine Cloud Security, How do I upgrade to the latest version of 5nine Cloud Security?, What are the prerequisites for 5nine Cloud Security installation?, How can I ensure that 5nine Cloud Security is operating correctly?