I tried converting a VMware VM to Hyper-V using the 5nine V2V Easy Converter and it failed. What might be causing this, and how do I fix it?
Please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Run the 5nine V2V Easy Converter as an Administrator on the destination Hyper-V host and use the local Hyper-V storage for the conversion.
- Ensure there is enough disk space on the Hyper-V host to keep both the temporary and the converted VMs.
- Use the full network address path (IP address) instead of the network drive.
- Connect directly to the ESXi host with root level account. This would ensure you have the rights to view and access the VMs.
- Make sure that both servers can resolve the server names used.
- Ensure that the VM is turned off before the conversion.
- Use IP addresses instead of Hostnames for the source & destination when using the free 5nine V2V Easy Converter free tool.
5nine V2V Easy Converter, VMware, virtual machine, conversion, Hyper-V