5nine Manager Datacenter v2.1 provides the following new features and enhancements:
New Version Notifications
This release introduces two new types of notifications:
- New version of management server: The management service requests the 5nine website to see if there is a newer version available. If so, the user is promptly notified.
- New version of console: The console requests the management service to see if there is a newer version available. If so, the user is notified so they can download and update their current installation.
Setup UX Improvements
This release introduces the following setup improvements:
- A new design for the bootstrap application main window.
- A new bootstrap application with improved UX.
- A single ISO format setup that includes all prerequisites (SQL Express and .Net Framework 4.6.2) and MSI’s.
Hyper-V Backup: Support for SMB Share
This release introduces the following Hyper-V backup features:
- A new CBT driver that is compliant with SMB. This driver is WinQual tested and signed by Microsoft.
- The ability to make full and incremental backups of virtual machines running on SMB.
Dynamic Optimization for VMs on Clusters
Note: Only the cluster scenario is supported in version 2.1.
Backup and Disaster Recovery: Azure Support
This release introduces the ability to create backup copies of virtual machines to Azure. It also includes the ability to restore backup virtual machines from Azure.
Replication Management: Extend Replication
This release introduces the ability to have multiple copies of virtual machines at alternate sites.